Sunday 17 February 2013

Looceylu's February favourites

Hello bloggers! 

So it's two days in and my blogging buddy persuaded me to write another because apparently she really liked the first, isn't that kind of her? I'll leave a link to her blog down below it's fab! Anyway i decided to start a monthly favourites of products and fashion so let's gooooooo.....


Topshop £30
1) My first February favourite is inspired from Sandy from Greece and professional gymnastics...there should only be one linking factor there...disco pants (well trousers.) I've heard varied reviews from different people, one of the most influential being Zoella (a blogger and a vlogger.) She describes them as  an 'essential' piece of clothing having worn them 'practically daily' and i can definitely tell why! I can only describe today as having separation anxiety from them as they have had to be washed as I've decided i'm wearing them on a trip to Cardiff soon! As my height is 5'3-3.5 (that half an inch is important!) most trousers/leggings are too long for me therefore I have to buy clothing from the petite range often found in topshop (my favourite shop!) However on the back of the disco pants there are two long back pockets which means that they do not look weird from behind even though they are up to my bellybutton! Furthermore, renown for their lycra-esk tightness they do not make me feel self-conscious about my legs or bum as they are almost like miracle trousers and suck everything in!

Shows the shiny-ness in the sunlight!

The shiny-ness of the trousers are also something i love along with the super soft feel. They are the perfect trouser combination, who ever knew that Greece would be back in fashion?! The only negative about them is that they snag very very easily, and with me wearing 12 bracelets that never leave my wrist (I'm one of those sentimental bracelet keepers) they have caught on my trousers a number or times, as well as a large snag from my dogs claws, something i was very upset about! However they do warn you of this quality so i still love them! They seem to be a love it or hate it scenario, however I could never see myself wearing comfortably the hot pink or electric blues, I'll keep my sleek black thank you very much! What are your thoughts on the disco pants fashion, leave a comment below!



2) My second February favourite is a product that I have used for over two years now every other day religiously! I worry when I don't have it on my dressing table; John Frieda's Frizz-ease Dream curls styling spray. I have (or used to have) very frizzy curly brown hair, a friend with similar hair to me suggested I should try this product that worked perfectly for her hair, so reluctantly I walked into boots the next day and parted with a larger amount of money than I had of thought it would of been, however it was brilliant and two or more years later i'm still using it. It's exact description is that is 'restores definition, elasticity and bounce to natural curls' or just reduces frizz.  You spray it onto your hair after a shower while it is still wet, and leave your hair to dry naturally, or with a hair dryer if you really know what your doing! However since using the product my hair has reduced it's 'frizziness' about 80% over the years and i do not think this is a coincidence. I used to absolutely hate my hair because of the uncontrollable frizz however I believe this product has reduced my frizz permanently because I have used it so often, a definite buy if your looking for the same! 
John Frieda's Frizz-ease Dream Curl Styling Spray, Boots, £5.29

However I suggested this product to my blonde curly haired friends and they have not reviewed John Frieda products as positively as me, they have even said it made their hair frizzier. Nonetheless they had not tried the 'Dream curls styling spray' and i'm still waiting on feedback from the product! I would say if your having a similar problem with frizzy hair definitely give John Frieda's products a go, they are more expensive than your shop brand products but definitely worth the price... they have saved my hair!





Rimmel's Wake me up foundation 200 soft beige, boots, £8.99
3) My third product is a liquid foundation that is light and airy but still covers your skin well. Over the years I have tried many different foundations but never found one that was light and did not look as if you were wearing foundation, one of the worst ones was the Maybelline Dream matte mousse which was very thick and covered my pores causing for more spots.  However Rimmel's Wake me up foundation is the exact opposite  having being their 'first foundation that visibly reawakens and illuminates skin with a radiant glow and a flawless natural finish.' This foundation is the lightest foundation I have found that still covers your skin without it looking too orange! I highly recommend for any skin tones, as it also has an anti-fatigue effect making your skin look more radiant and awake (useful for the hard Monday mornings!) 

Also, there is a lot of 3 for 2 offers now in at boots, particularly for the John Frieda collection and the Rimmel collection so make sure you get the bargains! Hope you've enjoyed my February favourites, i look forward to reviewing March's!

Looceylu xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My blogging buddy's blog~

http://phlerbler.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/i-should-not-be-allowed-into-topshop.html












2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link ;) You and all the other people hyping up the disco pants convinced me to get them, and you were right, they are amazing :D ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem, hey you're never looking back now tho!

      Delete