Friday 15 February 2013

bloggers vs vloggers

 


Straight to the point; cookies, sunshine, doodling, media, space and baggy jumpers.
 
Hello, i'm Looceylu and i've decided today to start a blog! No not a vlog, don't get confused it's confused me enough writting this, but i make vlogs too (now i'm just doing it on purpose!) I'm 17 and currently studying english literature, fine art and photography moving on to a BA in film and media. I'm the one with the wacky ideas that has to be refrained, many times my teachers have literally said to me 'tune down the crazy.' This blog will be an explosion ground for my brain, fashion, thoughts, philosophy and hopefully some good stuff about my life too!
 
I feel myself slightly biased on this argument of 'bloggers vs vloggers' because i am a youtube vlogger and have been since August last year (had to check on the exact date!) Because I became a vlogger i never thought about being a blogger, man i can tell this is going to get confusing, and yet here i am sitting down in what i like to call my 'cove' with something about a lion playing on my tv so i don't feel lonely.
 
Anyway my 'cove' is a little area in my bedroom where the ceiling slopes in (on purpose!) because my room used to be the attic ya see makes sence:)) My double bed fits in cosily and with solar powered lanterns it's complete! The 'cove' is a perfect place to read the many thousands of books my english teachers have piled on me; most recently is Pride and Prejudice. SPOILER! Darcy has just declared his love to Elizabeth in the most obnoxious and belittling manner possible by basically saying 'i have decided that you are ok now even though you're not the most handsome' what a charmer eh?
welcome to the cove and the lanterns:))
 
I have decided to treat my first blog as a minature experiment; I'm going to post this blog and post a vlog basing upon this same topic and see which would get more responses or comments. If this was all scientific (and believe me i am the exact opposite of science) it would be considered unfair because my vlog has been running for a longer amount of time, however having only thirty subcribers i would count this as a fair experiment!
 
So what are the advantages of having a blog? Well while pondering this for a few minutes i realised it was exactly that, I'm sitting in my joggers and pyjama top drinking a quickly disapearing mug of tea while watching a lion that seems to be still on my tv. If i was to do this on a vlog i'm sure that views would drop and might even have to end my youtube-ing days as i'm sure someone would give me a slap in the face and tell me no. I suppose vlogging is more relaxed as the insight into my life is only what i tell you or the pictures i choose. It is intresting to think that you will build up an impression of me from the choice of words i'm using and the type of pictures i'm showing, but that's deep thinking or over thinking something i do very often.
 
On the other hand, advantages of having/doing a vlog? Well i'm going onto a film BA after college therefore i find the editing side to the vlog very intresting and creatively stimulating. You get to understand people more by their gestures and facial movements by watching them talk about their lives or record moments that they believe to be representational.
 
Anyway i'm a blabber, could keep writting for an aaaaage, so i'll leave you to stumble through my blog and if anyone's intrested in my youtube vlogs i'll leave a link below!
 
Looceylu xx
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
my youtube channel issssssss;
 
 
 
                                                screenshot from my latest vlog 'LOOCEYLU NEED YOU!'
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment