Wednesday 10 April 2013

How to make a Make shift make up brush pot

Hello bloggers! Every time I go into Boots or superdrug I seem to come out with more and more beauty products, and it's getting harder  to store them without buying expensive pots and boxes to stop them from being damaged. So I have created a make shift make up brush pot which can easily be made in 10minutes and will stop your brushes becoming broken!


Ingredients~
  • One old pot/glass (i found that old Nutella glasses work perfectly)
  • 1 Jar
  • 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup of rice
  • Food colouring of your choice
  • Decoration
  • Old newspaper

 1. Fill up a jar with 1/4 of white wine vinegar, (this is the jar not the old pot/glass) and add your chosen food colouring and the chosen quantities depending on what colour you want


 2. Pour 1/2 cup of rice into the jar and mix well either with a spoon or by shaking it, but be sure your lid is on tight! If rice is still floating to the top it isn't mixed properly every grain has to be touching the bottom!



3. Leave the jar for 5minutes undisturbed. Pour the contents of the jar through a fine sieve over the sink to drain out the coloured water. Lay the rice on some old newspaper in a single layer and leave in the sun, or until the rice is dry.

4. Put the rice to the side and start decorating your old glass/pot! I opted for a vintage style, and firstly tied a ring of string around the bottom of my glass, tied a knot and dabbed a bit of my trusted UHO glue onto it to secure.
I then continued wrapping round the string and dabbed the glue in places down two sides, and anywhere else it felt needed because it was drooping.



5. I then cut a Cath Kidston flower pattern into strips, printed on photo printing paper and cut into different sized strips, so it would look a bit quirky. The pattern I used is to the right, I chose this one because I love how the greys and whites go well with the green of the rice. I then threaded the strips under the string and glued them over the top of the glass and bended round the bottom of the glass.



6. Once your decoration is finished (and it doesn't have to follow mine, could literally be feathers and pom poms!) pop the rice into the glass and arrange your brushes and you're finished!



Thanks for reading, leave your questions/thoughts on the 'make shift make up brush pot' down below! I'm thinking of doing a solution for my lipstick storage next, so leave your thoughts about that too! See you soon!

Looceylu xx



2 comments:

  1. Aren't you clever! It looks so cute :)
    Loooove your blog.. so I decided to nominate you for the versatile blogger award :D
    Check out my blog post to see what it's about :)

    http://phlerbler.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so easy, even you could do it;))
      Awh thankyou that's so cute, i will!:))

      Delete